Now that spring is here, gardeners can combine their love of plants, gardens, horticulture and garden tours with a get a way to Columbia County, NY. So many avid gardeners live here and share their expertise and plants. You can learn a lot about gardening in one weekend.
- Cornell Cooperative Extension Plant Sale this Saturday, May 2nd
- Hawthorne Valley Waldorf School May Faire from 11:30 to 3:30 games and activities for kids, puppet shows, student exhibits, artisan craft vendors, live music, and tasty treats and a plant sale
- The Hudson Farmers Market opens this weekend with many vendors selling plants
- The Ramp Fest at the Basilica has everything to do with gardening and it is this weekend in Hudson,The Ramp Fest
Edna St. Vincent Millay’s “Steepletop” House and Garden Tours start Memorial Day weekend 436 East Hill Rd, Austerlitz 518-392-EDNA (3362) www.millay.org
- Garden Conservancy Open Days, Plus Guest Lectures and Plant Sales: in Columbia County, New York, is for public tours on four Saturdays in 2015, from 10-4 PM: May 9, June 6, August 15, and September 19. $7 per adult suggested donation benefits the Garden Conservancy; no ticket or reservations required for visit; pay at the door. An 11 AM lecture by a guest expert is held down the road at a local church each of those days, too (see below), and often an afternoon workshop.
- Only 45 min away There is something for everyone at the Berkshire Botanical Garden. Click this link Berkshire Botanical Garden for a list of scheduled events classes, and exhibits. To call the garden at 413.298.3926.